2007年9月27日 星期四

千の風になって

Do not stand at my grave and weep is a popular poem, largely considered to be written by Mary Elizabeth Frye (1904-2004), but of disputed origin.

[edit] The Text

An early version, printed by others on postcards:

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

Her later confirmed version:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

The poem is made up of six (or sometimes eight) rhyming couplets. Various versions exist but, with the bulk of the work being made up of a selection of images preceded by "I am...", the sense is largely the same. The poem addresses the reader/ audience with the voice of a deceased person, invoking quite spiritual — but not specifically religious — imagery. According to the most generally accepted theory, that of Frye's writing the poem, it was originally addressed to a German Jewish girl, a friend of the author. The girl's mother had died back in her homeland, but returning to pay her respects was not possible and Frye wrote the poem as part of her condolences. The text soothes the addressee, reassuring of the deceased's life after death in both its message and its voice, and as such has become very popular poem, and a common reading for funerals.

[edit] Origins

There is some ambiguity as to the poem's writer, and it was neither published nor copyrighted by Frye, although she was the only living person to credibly claim its authorship. Frye is near universally cited as the author, and her literary significance is based almost entirely upon it, but other sources, including traditional native American origins, have been suggested over the years.

[edit] External links


Musical Version

YouTube - 千の風になって

Add Video to QuickList. sen no kaze ni natte 千の風になって ...
Hide video - 4 min 16 sec - Rated 4.7 out of 5.0

日本語訳

(b) の日本語訳の例

わたしのお墓に佇み泣かないでください
わたしはそこにはいません、わたしは眠りません
わたしはふきわたる千の風
わたしは雪上のダイヤモンドのきらめき
わたしは豊穣の穀物にそそぐ陽光
わたしはおだやかな秋雨
あなたが朝の静けさの中で目覚めるとき
わたしは翔け昇る上昇気流となって
弧を描いて飛ぶ静かな鳥たちとともにいます
わたしは夜に輝くやさしい星々
わたしのお墓に佇み嘆かないでください
わたしはそこにはいません、わたしは死ななかったのです

出版されているもの

このほかにも様々な日本語訳が存在する。

[編集] 派生作品

音楽

この詩を新井満が日本語に訳し、曲をつけたもの。第57回NHK紅白歌合戦ではテノール歌手・秋川雅史がこの歌を熱唱し多くの人々に感動を与えた。その後問い合わせが殺到、2007年1月22日付のオリコン総合チャートで1位を獲得した。詳しくは千の風になって (秋川雅史)を参照。
この詩を塩谷靖子が日本語に訳し、曲をつけたもの。新井満の訳には、原詩にない新たな創作的表現が詩的に盛り込まれているが、彼女が訳した時には、作品に敬意を払って原詩以上の表現を付け加えることを基本的に嫌い、なるべく原詩に近い謙虚な訳で、メロディのリズムの範囲内で日本語らしく振る舞ったとのことである。
日本での現在のような流行以前に出来上がって発表されていた曲であったが、全盲の歌手として活躍している優しい歌声と深い表現力が話題になり、聖路加国際病院名誉院長日野原重明の推薦するCDが新聞などの報道でも話題となり、YAHOO!話題の人物ランキング:クラシックで発売前から10位前後にランクインする爆発的な人気で、発売後には2位の人気を誇り、売り切れの店舗も現れている新しい話題の曲である。

[編集] 外部リンク



沒有留言: