2019年5月18日 星期六

Whitman, W. Leaves of Grass,吳潛誠譯《草葉集》







And the cow crunching with depress'd head surpasses any statue,. And a mouse is miracle enough to stagger sextillions of infidels. 
 - a quote from Whitman, W.  Leaves of Grass, Song of Myself, 

吳潛誠譯:一隻老鼠都是奇蹟,足以驚愕億兆的異教徒 《草葉集》台北:遠景,1978初版/1993 15刷



*** START OF THIS PROJECT GUTENBERG EBOOK LEAVES OF GRASS ***

Produced by G. Fuhrman



LEAVES OF GRASS

By Walt Whitman



     Come, said my soul,
     Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,)
     That should I after return,
     Or, long, long hence, in other spheres,
     There to some group of mates the chants resuming,
     (Tallying Earth’s soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,)
     Ever with pleas’d smile I may keep on,
     Ever and ever yet the verses owning--as, first, I here and now
     Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name,

     Walt Whitman


圖像裡可能有文字

昨天才知道吳潛誠譯過《草葉集》,如上。查資料 (紀念網頁):

吳潛誠 - 東華大學



吳潛誠(1948-1999)


美國華盛頓大學比較文學博士, 曾任台灣大學外文系副教授、《中外文學》總編輯、 東華大學英美語文學系系主任。譯著包括《草葉集 》、 《聖女貞德》、《美國短篇小說》、 《中英翻譯 : 對比分析法》、《詩人不撒謊》、 《靠岸航行》、《如果在冬夜,一個旅人》、 《感性定位》、《給下一輪太平盛世的備忘錄》、 《航向愛爾蘭》、《島嶼巡航》等書。

沒有留言: